Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Moms...



By last summer, I had lost over 40 pounds and had established a consistent exercise plan. I had kept that up until ...oh about two months ago. I have now gained back ten of those pounds. So, what to do? Well, I started by eating chocolate and chips because that always makes me feel better. Deciding this was not an ideal plan in line with my goals, I donned my exercise clothes again and thought about my treadmill. Yesterday. All day. Thinking and thinking about that apparatus. The day just got all in the way - laundry and children everywhere. Phone calls to make. Errands to run and schooling to do (these are good excuses, aren't they?) So, by last night, here I am still in my exercise clothes with Hannah in my arms after her second bath of the day (see photo above - I told you this blog would be the good, the bad, and the ugly and that is not such a pretty photo!!!) And, yes, she is one happy camper after bath number two. This bath was due to the spaghetti we had for supper and the fact that her sister had stamped her arms and legs with purple images of Hannah Montana with a recently obtained rubber stamp from Target. Well, to quote one of my favorite heroines, "Tomorrow I will think of some way...after all, tomorrow is another day!"


Cozy comfort, Christy K

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christy, I can certainly relate to the difficulty of finding time and motivation to exercise. That's so great that you did so well in the past...you'll do it again!

    I have tagged you at http://robinsblessednest.blogspot.com/2009/05/theres-game-of-tag-going-on-and-im-it.html. This is a great way to get readers to see your blog, to meet some nice people, and to let them get to know you!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete